Steps and Requirements
The first step is to submit an Admissions Inquiry Form, after which required application documents and further details will be emailed to you. Completed applications submitted no later than February 12, 2018 will be considered during the first round of application reviews. Applications received after February 12, 2018 will be considered on a rolling basis. The following required application materials will be sent to you after you submit an Admissions Inquiry Form:
- Epsilon Camp Algebra Assessment for applicants ages 9+ or the Readiness Assessment for applicants ages 7 and 8
- Applicants ages 9 and over are required to have completed an Algebra 1 course prior to the start of camp. The Algebra Assessment should be taken once the Algebra coursework is complete, and should be submitted with a brief summary of the course or resources/text used. Applicants who have completed an Algebra 1 course in a brick and mortar school or with selected approved providers may submit a transcript showing a "B" grade or higher or equivalent in lieu of completing the Algebra Assessment. Please see details here.
- The Readiness Assessment demonstrates computational skills and a familiarity with mathematical concepts. Please see our Skills Prerequisites for more details. Your child should be able to engage with much of the material on the assessment, but perfection is not required.
- Epsilon Camp Exploration Problems
- Outside Evidence of Academic Proficiency (Formerly IQ and Achievement Testing)
- Portfolio and Personal Statement
- The portfolio includes scans or photos of your child’s mathematical work or play. Please do not submit certificates, awards, or worksheets. We want to see examples of child-led mathematical creativity and thought.
- The personal statement gives the child's perspective on how they view math, or why it is important to them. We would like to hear about math books they have recently read, videos they discovered, or particular problems they find compelling. We would like to know how they engage with math on their own terms and in their free time.
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- Non-academic Recommendation Form
Registration and deposit information will be included with admission notification for admitted students. Registration and deposit payment are due within 15 days of admission notification. Space cannot be held without a deposit.
We look forward to hearing from you and would be delighted to answer any questions you may have about Epsilon Camp and the application process. We recognize that applying to and attending Epsilon Camp is a big investment in time and resources. We are dedicated to assisting parents in determining if the camp is the right fit for their child.
Maria Samuelson, Director of Admissions
1905 W. 4700 S. #225
Salt Lake City, UT 84129
Epsilon Camp has spaces available until we post otherwise on the homepage of this site.