2018 Financial Assistance
Details about Epsilon Camp 2019 financial assistance will be forthcoming.
What is available?
Epsilon Camp 2018 offers two avenues of financial assistance:
- Up to four need-based financial assistance awards
- Up to two full need-based scholarships
Who is eligible?
- Need-based financial aid may be available to up to four applicants where the family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) does not exceed $100,000 and the camper has not received Epsilon Camp financial assistance in the past.
- Two need-based full scholarships are available to first-time applicants where the family's AGI is below $50,000 and the camper has not received Epsilon Camp financial assistance in the past.
- Financial assistance is only available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
For AGI, please see Form 1040, line 38; Form 1040A, line 22; or Form 1040EZ, line 4.
How much does the financial assistance cover?
The need-based financial assistance is a tuition reduction that increases linearly from $500 to $2500 as the AGI decreases from $100,000 to $40,000; the award remains at $2500 for AGI below $40,000. The formula used is $(115,000 – x)/30, where x is the AGI in USD, with no fee reduction for AGI above $100,000 and a maximum fee reduction of $2500 for AGI below $40,000.
A full scholarship includes full tuition, room and board, and a travel allowance for the camper. Because one parent/guardian is required to attend with the camper, the scholarship also includes room and board and a travel allowance for one parent/guardian.
How do I apply and what are the deadlines?
To qualify for financial assistance, you need to do four things:
- On the Admissions Inquiry Form, check the box indicating "I would like to be considered for financial assistance" and fill in the adjacent space with your 2016 AGI.
- Complete all application materials (Except items #3 and #4 below, which should be done only upon admission to Epsilon Camp) as soon as possible.
- By March 15, 2018, email us your estimated 2017 AGI.
- By April 20, 2018, submit a copy of the page from your official 2017 IRS tax return that shows your AGI.
Other than the four steps above, you do not need to do anything more to apply for a full scholarship. Candidates for a scholarship are selected from need-based financial assistance applicants whose family’s estimated 2017 AGI is below $50,000. Applicants cannot have received Epsilon Camp financial assistance in the past.
When will the recipients of financial assistance be notified?
Applicants will be notified via email by approximately March 30, 2018. Awards may be adjusted after April 20, 2018 once the official 2017 IRS tax return materials have been reviewed. Award decisions are final and at the sole discretion of Epsilon Camp.